Layering earrings is a great way to add a touch of personality and style to any outfit. It can be so much fun that certain members of the Devon Woodhill team may have even recently gotten piercings ~solely~ for the sake of rocking more of our earrings at once. For those who are new to the game, we know layering earrings can be a bit intimidating. It looks so effortless on our favorite fashion gurus, but when we're left to our own devices it takes a few tries to strike a harmonious balance. We are constantly experimenting with different styles and combinations to find looks that we love.
- Start with the basics: Before you start layering, it’s important to have a solid foundation. A simple stud or hoop earring can serve as the base for your layered look. This will give you a starting point to build on and will help keep your look balanced.
- Mix and match: One of the best things about layering earrings is that you can mix and match different styles and shapes. Experiment with different earring types such as studs, hoops, dangles, and chandeliers. Mixing and matching different styles and shapes can help create a unique and dynamic look.
Play with different lengths: Another way to add depth and dimension to your earring layering is by playing with different lengths. Long dangles can be paired with shorter studs to create a layered look. And Remember: If the diamonds fit, buy them in two sizes.
- Add a pop of color: Adding color to your earring layering can make your look stand out even more. Create contrast by pairing different colored stones or gems, or mixing and matching different metal tones.
- Don’t be afraid to mix metals: While many are afraid to this, mixing metals can actually be very modern, adding a cool and carefree touch to your ear fiesta.
- Don’t overdo it: The key to ear stacking is to not overdo it. Too many earrings can make your look appear cluttered and unbalanced. Stick to a few key pieces to achieve a polished and put-together look.
And as with everything else, the most important thing to remember when layering earrings is to be yourself and have fun. Don’t be afraid to take risks and try new things. ■